Student Organization Accounts Service (SOAS) provides financial services to student organizations and acts as the liaison on behalf of student organizations with campus partners.
Student Organization Finances and COVID-19
- There is currently no freeze on Student Organization Accounts Service (SOAS) accounts or funds. They will not be subject to the same spending limits as the rest of the University of Michigan.
- Sponsored Student Organizations (SSOs) should consult with their sponsoring unit/department before spending for assistance in financial planning and/or approvals required for use of University allocated funds.
- With current U-M financial restrictions and the possibility of limited resources in funding sources, RSOs should budget for the year accordingly.
- Fundraising policies remain the same. All RSOs should be mindful that with limited in-person events, there may not be as many options to fundraise.
- When registering for virtual events, conferences, or any other limited in-person programs that require a deposit or advance payment, RSOs should read contracts or other written agreements carefully to ensure a refund policy if activities are cancelled due to COVID-19.